This is the first Behind the Scenes post I've done in 9 years of business but that's because I'm typically rockin' a wedding day solo. Thanks to my friend Alicia and a couple weddings we photographed together this year, I have a few behind the scenes images to share! Thanks Alicia! :)
A few things that are always consistent when I shoot a wedding and some of the gear that I use:
- I always wear a black dress to shoot in on a wedding day weather it's 100 degrees or 30. These two fabulous weddings were in June and December and just that.
- Almost all the dresses I wear on wedding days are from eShakti because they have POCKETS and you can customize the dresses to be a longer length, longer sleeve, higher neckline. For a tall gal like me, these things are so important. I also always wear athletic shorts under my dresses because... crouching.
- I purchased a Holdfast camera strap back in 2014 and it has been a lifesaver the last 2 years. It really helps with distributing the weight of 2 camera bodies + lenses + flashes.
- I always have my hair pulled into a bun and out of my face when I'm shooting. Really, it's always pulled back in a bun. My hair tends to just get in the way.
- My Shootsac Lens Bag is also a must have on any shooting day, and I have purchased two since 2009. I also have an assortment of colorful covers but tend to forget to even change them. The yellow one has been on all year.
- Sometimes I press the camera shutter with my right middle finger instead of my right pointer finger... I don't know why I do this. It's something I've picked up over the years, and I promise you I'm not making any crude gestures your way if you see this happen!
- I freakin love my job and am almost always smiling. Especially from behind the camera :)
Some behind the scenes from this year: